Overview

     Hello everyone,

    My name is Julian Basaka. I am from San Diego and am currently a sophomore at SDSU. It is obvious what is going to be talked about as mentioned by the title of the website. One of my main interests currently and likely for a long time is playing and watching soccer. When constructing this blog and deciding what I wanted to speak about I wanted to choose something which I readily know about. Something that I am extremely opinionated about that I know I do not need to search for much information for. I want this blog to have facts but also be opinionated. That is watching soccer. 

    The team I support is Manchester United. Here is our badge below.



    We play in the highest tier of English soccer and are currently third in the league. In English soccer, the highest league is called the premier league with 20 teams in total. Each team plays 38 games, 2 games against every other team. A win gets a team 3 points, a draw is 1 point, and a loss is 0 points. The bottom three teams in the premier league get relegated to the second tier of English football. The top four teams(only the English, German, Italian, and Spanish leagues get four spots) in the premier league get a spot to play in the champions league which is a European tournament consisting of the best teams from each of the top leagues around Europe. The fifth and sixth spots in the premier league get to play in the europa league which is like the second division of the champions league. The seventh-placed team gets to play in the conference league which is 2 tiers below the champions league and 1 tier below the europa league. 



    The season has ended and I will do a quick recap of the season. I have watched all the games regardless of the times the games are at. Because the team is English, the range of the times when the games are broadcasted varies from 4:30 AM to 12:00 PM. Since the season has ended, I will talk about the possible positions that need to be upgraded within the teams. Later on, I will talk about different transfers the club is linked to and also my opinions about said transfer links. I do not often talk about soccer with others so I am excited that I get a platform to spew my opinions about the club that I support. 

Comments

  1. Hello Julian,

    I really enjoyed reading your blog so far! I am glad there's someone with me in this class that is also interested in soccer. I am a Real Madrid fan, so I don't really watch the English league games, but the Spanish ones instead. I cannot wait to read your upcoming posts to see what you think about the current situation of Manchester United, and what changes should be done to each position because I know they just lost the FA Cup final against Manchester City. I also have to give you a lot of credit for waking up early in the morning to watch the games, it takes some real dedication. Also, if you are a local in San Diego, maybe we can meet up one day to play soccer because I also read that you enjoy playing soccer. Once again, can't wait to read the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julian!
    I like that you can feel the passion you have for soccer through your writing. I played soccer for about 9 years and I actually am very familiar with Manchester United, it is my dads favorite team. I really like the concept of your blog and how you will be recapping their their season, it's a very good idea. I have actually seen them play twice, and if you are here in San Diego over the summer you should try to go see them in July at the new SnapDragon stadium, me and my family are going. Thank you for sharing your love for the team and I look forward to seeing your recaps especially because I don't always wake up early to see the game!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment